So August sees mine and her indoors sort of anniversary, we forgot to do the getting married bit. Anyway we’ve now been together for over 23 years. That in itself deserves a donation especially as most of you never had to buy a wedding present. And if any of you know her indoors then I certainly deserve a donation. We have now been together longer than we haven’t and still put up with each other. To be fair being quite different might have something to do with that.
- I like people, She doesn’t
- She likes to argue, I don’t
- I’m moody, She’s not
- She hates tech, I bloody love it
- I like exercise, she doesn’t
- She’s creative, I’m not
- I like dogs, she likes cats
- She buys amazing presents, I don’t
- I don’t swear, she does
The list goes on …
I suppose what I’m getting at is that we work as a team and she lets me do all the crazy stuff and there’s been a lot over the years. I always have to take it that bit further than most people. Here are a few things:
- Bought a mountain bike off a friend who needed some cash then entered a race in the elite category with no suspension.
- Bought a concept 2 rowing machine entered the British Championships, was about a foot too small or would have smashed them all!
- Entered the London marathon and did one run in preparation, that nearly broke me but I finished.
- Did a tough guy (the original) with a friend, was the only idiot to grab the electric fence
- Got a place for the great north run on the Friday, ran it on the Sunday with no preparation. Got a medal out of it though.
- Did the OMM with a mate, fell in a stream, oh and got lost but we don’t mention that part.
- As for the dads race at school sports day, not my greatest moment but I won!
Again the list goes on …
So the bottom line is I don’t usually think about the consequences of not preparing for my adventures but the MdS is the toughest one yet and her indoors says I have to prepare or at least get insured!!